Tuesday 7 August 2012

Summer Face Faves

I'm not one to wear make up in the summer. I prefer to just come out of the shower and slab on some moisturizer on my face and stay like that the whole day. The sun is my definitely my friend and enemy while it tans me, it also melts off my make up so I don't even bother. However, on some days when I felt like putting something on these products were the only ones I depended on. 

From top left: Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing lotion. This is my holy grail. I've been using this since I was 12. It was my mom's favorite and I often stole it from her. In any season actually, not just the summer, this is the only moisturizer I trust. I don't think I've really tried any others but this definitely saves my skin.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sun screen SPF 70. I know I will be very frowned upon but I don't use sun screen as often. I have a lot of this sun screen laying around in my house so I kind of just pick it up from time to time. The one time I used it for a week, I got rashes on my face and I'm not entirely sure if it was this that caused it but I never really used it for that long ever again. Nonetheless, if I need sun screen I always reach for this one and I heard people really liking it, as for me, it's a meh.

Maybelline Dream Mousse Matte Concealer. I'm all about lighter make up in the summer, like I said I prefer going out bare faced, but with summer I haven't been getting enough sleep and concealer is really needed in some occasions. This concealer is the best, it's the lightest and it has a nice matte finish. I like my concealer lighter than my skin tone so I have this in Medium. Often times I just put on my moisturizer and this on my under eye circles and I'm good to go!

Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner.  I also don't like wearing eyeliner in the summer... haha. But if I must, it has to be waterproof. Some eyeliners lie about it being waterproof or they are simply not waterproof enough. But I took this baby to the Philippines and I sweat buckets and walked in rain, tanned etc. and it stayed on! I love it. I did not go swimming with this on simply because I wouldn't swim with make up on but I feel like it would stay on if I went swimming with it.

Bottom left: L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Balm. (In Pink Satin) This was something I did constantly wear. I would rave about this to everyone because it's so good! It's literally like a lip balm. It's very sheer which I like.  It was like a slight gloss without being sticky or dry. I say that it's literally like a lip balm because in comparison to Revlon lip butter which is supposed to be like a lip balm as well, this definitely worked and showed the balmy part better. I find that Revlon lip butters often dry on my lips after awhile but this definitely didn't. I used it as regularly as my Burt's Bees or Vaseline.

MAC Blush in Desert Rose. I totally ditched the bronzer this whole summer. After a few sun bathing sessions outside I realized that if I bronzed my face any more I would look like an oompa loompa. I'm not a fan of heavy bronzing in the summer though I am all for it in the winter. I love this blush most especially because it's the perfect rosey pink for my skin tone. It brings out my natural bronze and it's not overwhelming or cakey.

Maybelline Turbo Volume Waterproof Mascara. I only trust Maybelline mascaras to be super reliable. This is no different. It's the only mascara I used this whole season that I knew wouldn't melt off my face. I often used this in the hot temperatures of the Philippines and I still had a hard time taking it off at the end of the day. Mascara is probably one thing that I would really feel that I need if I ever decided to put on make up and look decent during the day haha.



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment